6 Mistakes That Can Kill Your Email Marketing Campaign
Email marketing is the key to promotion and notifies the user. Marketers use to compute leads and get subscribers to opt-in or open emails. Most of the time problem converting the readers into a valued customer. Yeah, The email conversion rate. In this article, you will learn 6 mistakes marketers and bloggers do to kill their email marketing conversion. And how you can correct them.
The common problem has come from not enough experience. For instance, a company would like to have a good email campaign but does not have enough experience or knowledge. If you are in such a predicament, either consult any professional or read on to find out what’s killing your email marketing game, so that you can avoid going down the wrong path.
Lack of Consistency
When you are sending the email marketing campaign you have to make sure. That your subject line is clear to the point. You have proper and attractive visual elements. Also, you have to remind users that they are registered with you. If you are aiming for click-through rate. You have to make the email and landing page similar in appearance. If you lead clients to a totally different visual and massage. You will be playing with their trust.
Your Text is not Crispy Enough
A proper sale text able to sell product or service itself without any visual element. but if you attach an image to the offer, you will be putting great emphasis on the text as well. This is where you need to apply various principles of persuasion that can beat the hesitation and encourage potential customers to make a purchase. Make it more specific and personalize to connect client’s emotions. That will do the magic.
Are You Using Segmentation
Email Segmentation is definitely very important. The user registered with you by purchasing a product or downloading your free product. Immediately, You will get an idea what type of content will catch their attention. You also can segment users based on their previous action either they click on the link, response to your emails or made some action on your website. You can segment them based on their behavior and their interest. Make sure that you have something for all your segments. Mostly few numbers of the user will convent into a valuable customer.
It will be your job to convert the rest of the user base. Do not let any of them drop out. Use proper segmentation, use automated email for each step of their conversion. You may find some users are not converting at all. Maybe they are just there for your content update or they are already purchased from your competitor. You can provide those users valuable content. So they visit your site. That way you are getting few amount of traffic in your site, helping in your SEO.
Are You Measuring
You need to monitor and analyze indicators often on. In the long run, to see how certain solutions will work. If the only change you are making is that the sender of your emails will be different or you write the subject line in another style, that will not be enough. Monitoring and analyzing indicators will significantly change the results and you will immediately gain remarkably valuable data.
Poor Delivery and Engagement in your Email Marketing
You could get into a big serious legal issue if you are adding peoples without their permission. You should first check country’s law again the spam. Too many time businesses take the shortcut and buy the email list. And compile them in an unethical manner. Spam hurts the reputation of your business in big time. Once people making your email as spam you are under spam radar. Thereafter, most of your email campaign will be sent to the spam folder or drop out as undelivered.
For an instance, understand you have to send email to people. You must their explicit permission first. For an instance, if you collect a business card from an event or somewhere. You should not add it to your list.
Someone may be opt-in for digital content or downloads once, it does not mean they really interested hearing your marketing message. They will not be converting enough. For such subscribers, you can reconfirm their subscription permission.
- Ask them simple question if they want to continue receiving your emails.
- Send Extra Free Downloadable content to find out, if your reader’s interest in receiving contents from your or not.
- Ask your readers to subscribe to another list to segment your list further.
- It’s also important to remind your user why they are receiving your email from you. you can add it to your footer information.
Email Marketing – Poor delivery
Email Marketing’s crucial is deliverability and engagement. Send emails to your subscriber list will be less likely delivered. Also more likely to be engaged with it. ISPs and Cops always looking how many email campaigns you are sending. How frequently you are sending your campaign. What is your email open rate, and click through rate or your unsubscribe rate or spam report rate.
Your Email Should be delivered
If your Email Marketing Campaign delivery rate is very low. It causes your reputation score with ISPs.
There are many ways to ensure your email is delivered:
- Implement a double opt-in – Asking email subscribers to confirm their email address before they are added to the list will ensure cleaner data and in turn, improve delivery rates.
- Only send to engaged users – Sending to recipients who have opened or clicked through to your campaigns within the last six months will increase the likelihood of emails landing in the inbox.
- Give users access to a preference center – A preference center, where a user can select which type of emails they would like to receive, is a good alternative to only giving the option to unsubscribe. If you have many lists, this allows users to opt out from some emails but stay on the list for others.
Email Marketing – List Management
Whether you’re gathering bad data, not taking out hard bounces otherwise emailing the inactive subscribers.Lazy list management can affect your open rates. Ultimately, being lazy about managing your list results in one of two things:
People receive email they’re not interested in
- ISPs don’t deliver email messages
- You guessed it – both of these are bad for open rates.
So how can you be more responsible for managing your list?
Create a permission-based in-house list
43% of email recipients click the spam button based on the “from” name or email address, so it’s important that email recipients know who you are and expect to receive emails from you. And it’s extremely important that you have their permission.
Building a permission-based in-house list isn’t difficult. Here are a few tips to get started:
- Ask permission after a purchase by including a checkbox that encourages users to also opt in to your mailing list.
- Implement an email sign up form that allows users who aren’t ready to purchase to still give you their email address. The form could be added to your homepage, landing pages or on social media.
- Offer an incentive in return for their email address. This could be anything from a discount on their first purchase to a free piece of content.
- Set expectations with email subscribers. Inform them the types of emails you will send and how often they will be emailed.
If the open rates are in struggle, your recipient either doesn’t know you or just isn’t interested in the content of your campaign.
If your click-through rate is bad, you must be your email content and landing page is not relevant to each other.
Segment the email list by personal interest, or behavior or purchase date. Sending the targeted message in a timely manner make your campaign more relevant make subscriber to open your email.
Combining with conscientious list management and a stellar subject line (that you’re A/B testing, of course), it will bound to improve.