Apple is a American Multinational Technology Company that designs, develops and sells consumer electronic, computer softwares and online services. Apple’s first slogan, “Byte into an Apple” and the slogan “Think Different” was used in advertising campaigns.
Apple created and captured market through Social Media:
Apple used seven market strategies to capture the market those are:
- Rethink the need of Advertisement: It is necessary to invest more on ads by google ans facebook when you want to increse your sales revenue. But apple doesn’t think that way, they have completely diffrent strategies: a. product placement through celebreties and in popular show. b. the buzz created by positive reviews in media. Apple another strategy was to give free trails to the customers. They give free trails in exchange of positive testimonials.
- Avoid Price wars by Emphasing your Unique Value Propostion: Apple focuses on their UVP (unique value proposition), which is beautiful design that works right out of the box with ever-smaller packaging. It’s a marketing strategy that gets juice throughout social media and is very much a competitive advantage for Apple and its market share.How can Apple keep its fans with a pricing strategy so much higher than the competition?It’s because Apple doesn’t view PCs as competition. Where others focus on a single killer feature through a variety of content marketing, Apple focuses on the entire product, and it shows. Apple doesn’t focuses on price rather you are ready to pay something more tahn paying more in the other brand product.
- Keep your marketing and product simple: Apple understands that technology consumers often get overwhelmed. Overwhelm can create a confusion in a marketing mix. Apple helps reduce that consumer confusion by simplifying their web and sales copy. They completely eschew jargon or industry terms. Instead, they use simple, direct words and they continually stress the benefits that consumers absolutely need and will be thrilled by. This is part of their brilliance in content marketing; high tech without high tech terms.This approach doesn’t confuse their customers with too much information. As Leonardo da Vinci said, Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.Apple keeps it simple and their customers love it giving them a loyalty with market share that is unprecedented. Apple ads and marketing strategy doesn’t convey the specifications and features of the product rather than it focuses on how the product is useful and how it can change your living standard. Even the products themselves are kept sleek and minimal, with simple color schemes and clean, uncluttered design. The names are short and easy to remember, including the “app store” that has made third party partners huge successes.
- Know your audience and talk to them in their language: Apple mention their product specification and technical details of the product on therir websites. They doesn’t use the terms which the customers cannot understand, in their websites you wil find the words like edge-to-edge glass, retina display and LED backlight. Apple knows its customers and has developed loyalty in the market share. They know their customers and know the language in which they have to talk to their customers and make them comfortable instead of confusing them.
- Design a better customer experience: When a Apple customer buy a product they upload video in which they unwrap their new apple product which is called unboxing. Apple has created a customer experience that goes far beyond the actual purchase in a retail store. They no longer even need to be in charge of a huge part of their content marketing since their target market is doing it for them.
- Aim to your prospects’ Emotions: Emotional connections are the key to successful marketing strategies. It’s what makes certain stories, videos, and memes go viral. Think back to the first ads for the iPad, after its buzzy launch in 2010 and how simple their content marketing was.Remember those images of people relaxing in the living room with the strange new gadget? They looked happy and comfortable.They weren’t talking about display dimensions or processing power. They were just enjoying their iPads.Those ads, as with all of Apple’s marketing, hit their consumers where they really live – not in the pocketbook but in their hearts.
- Build a Community of users or customers: Apple has built one of the most hardcore fan bases for any brand, anywhere in the world. Apple has created a brand personality and culture that’s cool, fun, and friendly — the opposite of some of its competitors. Apple’s marketing strategies include making customers want to belong to that community. Their market share shows just how successful they have been. The first and most critical step to take in building a strong, vibrant and engaged community of users is to get crystal-clear on your brand values and personality. You have to create a vivid and accurate picture of your brand in your own mind first — your brand’s core message, its deeply-held values, its personality and what it stands for above all else.Then, your next step is to make sure that your pages, marketing copy and content all express those values and that personality. Every aspect of your website should be consistent with those words you chose to describe your brand, from graphics to fonts to color scheme.Last, but not least, show your readers and users you value them, as well as their opinions. Let them know that you’re deeply interested in them with your content.
How can you do this effectively on the web? You can try any or all of the following tips to start with:
- Ask open-ended questions in your content.
- Respond to cooment on your blog posts– carry on a conversation.
- Try to initiate conversations with your users/readers on social media.
- Create a referral reward program for customers who refer other new customers.
- Reach out to customers with email.
CONCLUSION: Apple as a brand take care about every single things through which they have a hold in the market. Apple on social media that is on twitter and Facebook without any advertisement has captured the market. Apple joined Instagram where he has posted pictures shot by their product telling about the features of the product.
Apple on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Apple ( 1.5 million)
The twitter page of Apple has no tweet still have so many followers.
Apple on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/apple/?ref=br_tf
10,935,466 people like this
11,039,250 people follow this
This is how the facebook page of Apple looks. It has no posts still customers are so loyal to this brand that it has so many who likes and follow this page.
This is the Instagram page of Apple where they shows the shot on their Iphones and they also generate backlinks by tagging the person.