Different Ways To Increase Facebook Ads Performance
There are many social media platforms where you can advertise your business but Facebook is one of the best social media platform to advertise and to reach your audience. Approximately there are 1.609 Billion active users on Facebook and it has users from all age demographics, making it one of the most diverse social channels. There are number of ways to get your Facebook Ads work.
Facebook’s advert targeting options allow you to build audiences of people who are likely to be interested in what you have to say and there are many ways through which you can do so:
- Location: Target adverts by country, postcode, region or even the area around your business. You can reach your customers in the areas where they live or where they do business with you.
- Demographics: The customers your business serves are on Facebook and you can choose the audience that should see your adverts by age, gender, interests and even the language they speak.
- Interests: When people are interested in your business, they are more likely to take action on your adverts. You can choose from hundreds of categories such as music, film, sports, games, shopping and so much more to find right people for your business.
- Behavioural and Connection: As you know your customers best, you can find your easily according to their behaviour or the type of phone they use.
2. Types of Ads
One of the most common purpose of Facebook Advertising is to generate traffic to your website. There are different types of Ads that helps brands in improving the awareness of their products. some of the types are:
- Carousel Ads: The carousel format allows you show up to ten images/or videos , headlines and links, or calls to action in a single ad unit. Anyone who sees your ad can then scroll through the carousel cards by swiping on mobile phones or tablets or clicking the arrows on a computer screen. This format can support a variety of businesses and needs. Carousel Ads can also helps in:
- Showcasing specific products you sell or you own
- Showing details about specific products, packages or applications.
- Dynamic Ads: Dynamic ads look exactly like other single image ads or ads created in the carousel format on Facebook, Instagram and Audience Network. It use your Facebook pixel or SDK to show ads to people who have already shown interest in your business by taking actions you care about on your site. However, instead of individually creating an ad for each of your products, you create an ad template that automatically uses images and details from your data feed for things you’d like to advertise.
- Offer Ads: Offer Ads encourages people to shop at your website, at you physical store or both. You can share offers that are discounts with your customers on Facebook and you can also design your offer to appear as a video or include up to 5 images that people can click through.
3. CTR affects Ad quality
Quality of an ad should be the first priority for the best performance of an ad and CTR is a most important to measure the quality of an ad. CTR or clicks through rate is a number of clicks received divided by number of impressions received on Ad. (If your ad received 10,000 impressions and 100 clicks then your CTR is 100/10,000 = 0.01%).
Facebook runs an algorithm to decide the quality score between your own ads and optimise to get the most value. When you launch a campaign with many ads, Facebook give all of them the same exposure in order to identify the CTR of every individual ad. Once Facebook realises which add is generating a higher CTR or have a higher quality score – these get more impressions compared to the less converting ones. Over time Facebook will stop showing ads with a lower CTR completely. The higher CTR you can achieve, the greater chance you have at winning auctions. If you create an ad in the carousel format, you can see the CTR for each carousel card within the ad. Generally, the first card in the series will get the most link clicks, but it’s not necessarily the best performing card. CTR takes into account how each card performs against other cards in the same position.
Retargeting is an effective way to increase and prove your conversion rates through Facebook ads. When someone visits your webpage say an online shopping, and browses through some pages but leaves the page without buying then the brand can retarget your customers and can prompt the user through Facebook targeted ads. When you advertise on Facebook, you can target people who have an existing relationship with your business. This existing relationship is the basis for custom audiences, which are really remarketing or retargeting audiences.You can also create a personalized target audience through which you can retarget only a portion of traffic that has visited to your landing page earlier.
In order to start retargeting your audience you’ll need a pixel code on your website. When someone visits your website and takes an action, the Facebook pixel is triggered and reports this action. This way, you’ll know when a customer took an action after seeing your Facebook ad. You’ll also be able to reach this customer again by using a Custom Audience. When more and more conversions happen on your website, Facebook gets better at delivering your ads to people who are more likely to take certain actions. This is called conversion optimisation.
Photos: Digital Vidya Gallery