Dominance of Social Media Marketing in Blogging
Social Media has recast the world of SEO and online marketing. Since Google’s Search, plus Your World, we’ve seen social media having a huge influence in search engine rankings. In the last couple of years, many Social Media Marketing companies are coming onto the market and creating brand awareness via social media promotions.
Before we go in-depth about the benefit of using social media as a blogger, let’s debate a few social media marketing basics.
What is Social Media Marketing?
First of all, Social Media Marketing is the act of creating brand grasp to drive targeted traffic from social media sites.
These sites include Facebook, Twitter, G+, Pinterest, YouTube, Flickr, community forums, etc.
Social Media Marketing relies on user interactions. Any place where people can mesh a place that can be marketed to.
- Social Media: Websites like Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, YouTube, Flickr, etc. where users (or groups of users) share some kind of media (e.g. videos, images, songs, texts, etc.).
- Social Bookmarking: Websites like Digg, StumbleUpon, Delicious, etc. where users can bookmark their favorite URLs and share them publicly.
- Social News: Websites like Techmeme where users defer news articles that get ranked based on popularity.
- Social Apps: With the increasing usage of Smartphones, we can’t sustain to ignore the importance of social apps like Foursquare and Viber where users can interact with one another on-the-go.
These are popular Social Media sites:
Social Media Marketing for Bloggers
We need to invite the supposition that blogging and social media go hand-in-hand. Bloggers need to have a social media presence. This is crucial to the success of a blog.
It’s unimaginable to cover promotion techniques for every blog on every social media site cause each blog and each social media site works differently. But we can some benefits that you will incur if you start marketing on social media.
Marketing in this way will precisely help in driving traffic, generating links, construction domain authority, increasing traffic rank, and perhaps most importantly, getting even more subscribers.
Overall, Social Media Marketing will help in driving targeted traffic, and bloggers can benefit from the golden rule:
- More targeted traffic = Higher earnings.
Here are some of the benefits of Social Media Marketing:
Free, Niche-Oriented Traffic:
There are tons of social bookmarking websites floating around on the web. Some of these sites have users who will be really engaged with your content. When you find them, these users will be entrapped to your content, and your site will benefit from hyper-targeted, free traffic.
Increased Domain Authority:
Search engines give a lot of importance to social bookmarks because if a blog is linked with a popular social bookmarking/social media site, it will grow in Domain Authority. For more on increasing DA, read this- How To Increase Your Website’s Domain Authority.
Better Visibility And Popularity:
Most bookmarking websites have a voting/ranking system. If your content is really good, then you will get positive signals from that site which will help in driving targeted traffic to your blog.
Cheaper and Better Conversions:
Using other methods to drive traffic like PPC advertising, CPM advertising, and banner ads are costly, whereas paying for social media traffic is cheap and highly targeted.
Get Higher Ranking in SERPs:
Search engines give some importance to content apportion on social media sites. Search engines’ purpose To provide better results for users. Since those contents are being submitted by one, if you’re actively campaigning on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, and others, your rank in search engines will increase.
Better Crawling of Blog:
Social Media encouragement helps in better and faster crawling of your site. Promoting inactive content on social media sites helps in a better and deeper indexing of your site. You can enumerate try creating resource pages (like SML’s WordPress guide) to always keep old posts relevant and shared on social media.
With Social Media sites, you can convert your blog into a global brand. Users will be active and constantly discuss your blog and your work. This will build your blog’s stature and authority, ultimately bringing in more and more traffic.
Benefits of having profile on social media
Do’s and Don’t of Social Media Marketing
Here are some things you should and should not do on social media sites…
- Engage with users.
- Post in a scheduled manner. Post daily, or at a regular interval.
- Share links/images/video related to your niche.
- Keep an eye on social media trends and upcoming news in your niche.
- Talk about trending topics in your niche/market.
- Keep your profile information up to date.
- Target users based on demographics and interests.
- Increase trust and loyalty among your users.
- Avoid over posting.
- Don’t drink and update.
- Avoid spamming (too much self-promotion is spamming).
- Avoid buying fans and users.
- Don’t use bots to increase your numbers.
- Never fight with your readers. Stay calm!
- Don’t spend too much time on social media sites. Your target should be to do business, and a successful business is measured by the number of sales made. From a blogger’s perspective, this could be deliberate by the amount of traffic driven or conversions made.
Image Credits: Digital Vidya