5 Essentials Of An Effective Landing Page
What is a Landing Page?
A landing page is a webpage which serves as a entry point or a particular section of a webpage. It is also a webpage in response in clicking on a search engine optimised search result or an online advertisement. It is a great way to drive traffic, improve Search Engine Optimisation and improve brand. Most of the businesses use landing pages to generate leads for future conversion.
A landing page is as good as its ability to convert site traffic into leads or sale. Without this ability landing page is practically useless.
Five Essentials Of An Effective Landing Page
Content is the most important part of any website and to some extent a success of any website is primarily depended on the content. A content is what delivers a right message about your product to your customers. Everything begins with a content. The content of the entry page of the website should be your topmost priority as users visit it the most. So, it should be as such that it grabs the attention of the visitors and appeals them to know more about your services.
Also, as keywords plays an important role in doubling website’s traffic. So, content is the right place to highlight your keywords in a most relevant way and connecting your customers with your website as when customers will type their queries using your keyword phrase they will find your website on their search page.
2. Loading Time
Page speed plays very crucial role in website user’s experience. Nobody has time to sit and wait for the website to load when a customer can easily visit competitor’s website. A widely quoted study found that, “A 1-second delay in page load time equals 11% fewer page views, a 16% decrease in customer satisfaction, and 7% loss in conversions.”
There are several tools you can use to test your website’s speed and two of them are as follows:
- PageSpeedInsights PageSpeed Insights measures the performance of a page for mobile and desktop devices. It fetches the url twice, once with a mobile user-agent, and once with a desktop user-agent. checks to see if a page has applied common performance best practices and provides a score, which ranges from 0 to 100 points, and falls into one of the following three categories:
- Good: The page applies most performance best practices and should deliver a good user experience.
- Needs work: The page is missing some common performance optimizations that may result in a slow user experience.
- Poor: The page is not optimized and is likely to deliver a slow user experience.
- YSlow YSlow analyzes web pages and suggests ways to improve their performance based on a set of rules for high performance web pages. Its highlighted features are:
- Grades web page based on one of three predefined ruleset or a user-defined ruleset.
- It offers suggestions for improving the page’s performance.
- Summarizes the page’s components.
- Displays statistics about the page.
3. Call to action button
Call to action buttons are the most important part of any website. A great call to action button can direct users, get them to take a desired action improve conversion rates, and ultimately help your website achieve its defined objectives. The entire purpose of the landing page is to make sure that your customers press call to action button as without it, landing page is doomed to fall. It should be strong and highly visible. The most common call to action buttons are:
- Free Trial: This call to action button is perfect for those who wants to know about your services but are hesitant to invest money on something they had never tried.
- Sign Up: This call to action button allows you to sign up on a particular website and becomes the user for them.
- Download Now: You will find this type of call to action button on different websites, for example on songs or movies websites you will find this type of button to download your song or movie. Also, different websites use this button to allow you to download their brochure or curriculum
4. Easy Navigation
It is very important for every business to make sure that their customers can easily navigate their websites. This navigation menu is the collection of links you see placed vertically or horizontally on the web page and sometimes on the footer of the web page. An organised and easy to follow navigation creates better user experience and which will lead to more business. A navigation bar guides people find what they want to search in the website. Through navigation you make your visitors aware of all the services you can provide to them.
5. Images and videos
Like content, images and videos also plays critical role in designing your website successfully and increasing the number of visitors to your websites. They can be the great way to get users engage with your website. A website without an image is boring as people prefers looking at an image than reading words. Images gives your visitors an expression of what your website is all about. A visitor can easily decide whether they should spend their quality time on your website or not. It will increase the user experience and therefore a way to generate lead and to add visitors to your site.
“A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words” …. A great saying!!
Images are attractive and instead of reading a lot of text and getting bore people prefers seeing and image or a video and knows about your services. Sometimes an image generate leads. According to the survey, most of the visitors spend less time viewing any website, so sometimes because of so many words in the website visitor prefers leaving it without knowing about your services.
Images draws visitors attention and triggers their emotions. After viewing an images they can connect with in the first few seconds of their visit then they can easily engage to your site without looking the time a visitor spends on your website.
Photo Credit: Digital Vidya Media