Type it, We Have it!
In today’s world where everyone is connected to a high speed 4G internet speed and everything is just a click away, it is not difficult to say “TYPE IT, WE HAVE IT”. With the ability of google to suggest the near by spots to fulfill your requirement which you searched for, local businesses are now somewhat capable to survive among the big giants in their industry. Not only the small business but even the large business brands which have their transactions made through local counters spread across the globe or to few countries, are benefiting from it.
In today’s time, almost everyone is using a smartphone with a high speed 4G internet speed in it and making more searches on these devices rather than a laptop or a desktop computer, a user can search for their requirement on Google and based upon their location, Google provides the nearby shops, stores or business units where the user can easily reach out and can fulfill the user requirement.
So how does Local Content Search works?
This is an opportunity for all the business house no matter micro, small, medium or large, to attract a huge number of customers which are nearby to their location along with clients from a distant place. All that firm has to do is to use local content while creating their website and show themselves that they are available at the location from where the customer is searching. The local content can be something about the place where the business is operating along with the services that the business is offering to its customers, consumers feedback received from the clients who have already used their services, etc. Anything which showcase the presence of the firm in a particular area can be used for creating local content leading to local marketing. This content is used by Google to tell the searchers on their website about the providers of the services which the user is looking for leading to increase in customer base.
Why does Local Content has such High Demand?
With the introduction of the ‘Pigeon Update’, local content has been in talks and is growing at a very fast pace. Local content has become a treat for the entrepreneurs since the time Google has started showing the nearby locations whenever a user searches for something. With the increasing use of the smartphones to search google for various things, it has become really important for a entrepreneur to keep a keen eye on the local content. Here’s Why:
- Google value its searchers time – Google tries to provide its users with a solution with which a user can easily fulfill the requirement with minimal amount of time spent of the user in achieving what the user wants. Google will show where a user can find the services which s/he require nearby him or her saving the time which gets wasted in travelling to far of locations.
- Increase use of 4G Smartphones and other portable devices – With the increasing use of the smartphones a user nowadays uses various applications which are connected to google to find the nearby spots where he can services where google provides the users places which are nearby to the location from where the user is searching from using the GPS system of the smartphone.
- Increasing number of competitors – With the huge number of competitors in market which vary from a micro to named and large corporate, it becomes really difficult to survive in the market. Using the local content, an SME enterprise can give a tough competition in the market by attracting customers which are nearby to his/her business location who searches for the services on google.
- Showcasing its presence – Using the local content any enterprise can make their presence feel to the people in the market. Local content helps the enterprise to be found by the customers which acts as a PULL strategy for the enterprise leading to more number of customers approaching the firm for their services or the products.
- Marketing themselves – Local content also helps to market a brand name in the market and showcase their potential to the customers. Whenever the searcher use local keywords such as location, he/she will have a better visibility.
- Better Search Engine Ranking – Local content not only helps the business to be easily visible to the potential customers but it also helps the firm to improve their ranking on google search results in the organic results category. This means more potential finders will be able to know about the business without putting in much efforts.
- Maintenance of Online Reputation – No matter a business is small, medium or large, every firm needs to maintain a good reputation with the customer. Positive local content helps the to create a good image among the customers and maintain a good reputation and a long lasting relationship with the customers.
- Showcase expertise around the region – Local content helps a firm to showcase their expertise around the area where the firm is operating and if done properly can also helps the firm to showcase themselves to be the king of that area or sometimes of the city.
- Segregation of marketing strategies – Depending upon their location of operations, local content also helps to create different – different marketing strategies aligned to the local content using Integrated Marketing Communication targeting the local audience. In case multi-location a firm would be able to create local marketing strategies which might be aligned to local content.
- Link building or word of mouth – When customer base increases, number of mouths which speaks for your business also increases. Increasing number of customers through word of mouth also needs to be catered but customer before using your services checks research about your business. Local content helps to cater these customers as well as customer will be willing to know if the kind of services or firm is operational at other locations.
Therefore it is really important for any enterprise to not only think about the big things but also to work upon the local content which in future will play a really powerful role, which if neglected, may result in bad result for the enterprise. In today’s date, Content Marketing is the best tool to attract huge number of customers specially when it comes to Local Content which talks for the people around the business.
Photo Credit: dawsondawsoninc.com