Google algorithm uses 200 ranking factors to rank a web page on google. These factors determine relevancy, usefulness and ranking of a web page on google. But not all factors have high influence over ranking on google and one of these factors are links. Links are one of the most important factors in Seo and as some marketers would say is the #1 ranking factor of Google. Keeping this in mind today we are going to discuss “Link building in Seo and how to get backlinks?”.
What are Link building and its advantages?Links building in Seo can be defined as the process of acquiring hyperlinks from authoritative sites. These links pass the ranking value (Ranking juice) from authoritative sites to your own. Let’s see some advantages of link building in SEO: (a)Improve your ranking in organic results. (b)Allows you to promote your brand and content on authoritative sites. (c)Help people navigate from authoritative sites to your site and increase your organic traffic. (d)Help google discover your web pages and determine how they should be rank on organic results. (e)Showcase your expertise, authority and trustworthiness to google. (f)Increase your domain and page authority etc.
Do all links pass value and are important?The answer is to the above question is “NO”. In link building there are 2 types of links: (a) Follow links- These links pass the value to your sites. (b) No follow links- These links do not pass the value to your site. A link becomes a follow link if the value of the rel attribute in the anchor tag is “Follow”. Similarly, a link becomes no follow link if the value of rel attribute is set to “no follow”. Other than these two factors relevancy, domain authority, page authority of linking domain is also very important for link building in SEO. The linking domain must be an industry expert with high domain and page authority. Only these follow links are important when it comes to link building in SEO.
How to get backlinks for sites?Before getting started it is necessary to understand that no method, tactic or strategy can give you guarantee that if you use them you will get a backlink. Link building requires patience, building relationships and luck too. Keeping this in mind lets move toward tips and ways to get backlinks for your site.
1. Guest BloggingOne of the most common methods used for link building in SEO is Guest blogging. Guest blogging is basically writing blog posts for other sites as a guest blogger. You can use google to find out blogs and sites in your niche that allows guest posting on them. Guest blogging helps in getting recognized as an industry expert in your field. By posting relevant and useful content you build relationships which ultimately can get you backlinks for your site.
2. Use Your Competitor’s Backlinks ProfileAnother method that you can use for link building in SEO is to use your competitors backlink profile. Tools like SEMRush and Ahref can help you with this. These tools can be used to see which sites are providing backlinks to your competitors, type of link they are providing and their domain authority. However, if you don’t have access to these tools you can use google. Just type your competitors’ name in google and make a list of sites that are providing backlinks to them. You can use this information to reach out to these sites along with your created content and if you are lucky you will get a backlink from them.
3. Create Valuable ContentThe next method that can be used for getting backlinks for your site is to create valuable content that your target audience will found relevant and useful. If people find your content useful they will mention you, share your content and will also give you a backlink. So make sure your content is well researched and presented effectively if you want to get a backlink for it easily.
4.Broken Backlink methodNext tactic that can be used for getting backlinks from authoritative sites is to discover their broken backlinks. To discover such links you can download and use google extensions like checking my links that show you broken links for the page you are viewing. Once you have found such links simply create your own content for its replacement. Next, reach out to them with your mail and offer your help to fix that broken link. Make sure your content is of good quality otherwise you might not get the backlink.
5. Build RelationshipsThe next that can be used for link building in SEO is to build relationships with authoritative sites and bloggers. Engage with their content and develop your relationship with them. Next, offer your content for their reviews and ask them to share it and give you a backlink if they found it relevant and useful.
6. Convert Mentions into BacklinksIf you have been sharing high-quality content with your audience then chances are that they might have mentioned you on their sites without giving you a backlink. You can use such mentions to get backlinks for your site. Send them a mail and request to convert that mention into a backlink. In order to find such mentions you can use tools like SEMRush, Ahref etc or simply search your brand name on google and look for mentions.
7. Q&A Sites & ForumsAnother tactic that you can use for link building is joined sites like quora, reddit etc. Join discussions and answer niche-related questions along with a link back to your site. But never overuse links in your answer and discussion, it can destroy your online reputation and might get you banned on the platform. In order to find niche related topics and questions simply search niche related key phrases and you will be presented with hundreds of discussion and questions related to your niche that you can answer.
ConclusionLink building is not easy. It requires patience because developing relationships takes time and link building is all about making relationships and helping each other. If you like my post leave your comments below along with your views and I would love to read them all.
A digital marketer by profession and a writer from heart. I love to read, learn and write about digital marketing and fitness.